United should have gone for the Arsenal midfielder, says Ince (Picture: Getty Images)
Paul Ince has taken aim at Manchester United’s board over their substandard transfer activity, insisting his former side should have brought in Thomas Partey and Raul Jimenez back in the summer.
United had a relatively quiet transfer window compared to their Premier League rivals as they missed out on top target Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund.
The Red Devils completed a £35million deal for midfielder Donny van de Beek, and on deadline day, they swooped in to recruit Edinson Cavani, Alex Telles and youngsters Facundo Pellestri and Amad Diallo.
Ince wanted Wolves’ Jimenez (Picture: Getty Images)
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side have struggled for form this season and their 1-0 loss to Arsenal on Sunday was their third defeat from their opening six Premier League games so far.
And United legend Ince feels the club’s inadequate recruitment strategy is one of the main reasons why the pressure is being piled on boss Solskjaer.
‘Recruitment at United has been really, really poor,’ Ince told Ladbrokes.
‘They’ve always had money to buy players. If you bring players in for…