Mikel Arteta ‘fed up’ with William Saliba’s situation at Arsenal and hints £27m defender will be sent out on loan in January having failed to play a single minute for the Gunners
- Arsenal signed defender William Saliba from Saint-Etienne for £27m in 2019
- He was immediately loaned back to the French club for all of last season
- Saliba was expected to go out on loan again but deals fell through in summer
- It’s left the 19-year-old in limbo and out of Arsenal’s squads for this season
- Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta expressed his frustration at Saliba’s situation
Mikel Arteta has admitted he is ‘fed up’ with William Saliba’s lack of game time at Arsenal and hinted the defender could leave on loan in January.
The 19-year-old, who signed from Saint-Etienne for £27million before being loaned back there for the 2019-20 season, wasn’t included in the Gunners’ Premier League or Europa League squads for this season.
He failed to secure a loan move away in the final days of the transfer window amid a row between Arsenal and Saint-Etienne and hasn’t played for Arteta’s side…