New hope for fans returning to games: West Ham v Arsenal in the Women’s Super League WILL go ahead with a crowd of 1,000 this weekend – despite other pilot events being cancelled
- Saturday evening’s match at Dagenham’s ground will see spectators admitted
- Up to 1,000 fans will be present at the West Ham vs Arsenal WSL fixture
- It comes despite other pilot events being cancelled after Government decision
- Sporting events will be limited to 1,000 crowds following spike in positive cases
- That has led to a League Two game and T20 cricket fixture being moved behind closed doors in the coming days
The match at Dagenham’s Chigwell Construction Stadium is earmarked as a pilot event for the return of fans with up to 1,000 in attendance.
Some of the other pilot events took the decision to go ahead behind closed doors after the Government announced on Wednesday that spectators would be limited to 1,000 people.