in

Matteo Guendouzi hints at Arsenal future in tweet after first team exile

Matteo Guendouzi has dropped a big hint about his Arsenal future on Twitter, weeks after being exiled from the first team.

The Frenchman has suffered a tough couple of months, dropping out of Mikel Arteta’s plans following an on-pitch brawl against Brighton.

It has since been suggested Guendouzi could be leaving the club, with a move to Atletico Madrid offered as part of a deal for Thomas Partey.

But his latest Tweet suggests the midfielder has other ideas about his future.

Guendouzi shared three photos in action for the France U21 side’s 2-1 win over Azerbaijan U21 in their Euro U21 Championship qualifier.

Matteo Guendouzi has sent a message to Arsenal in his latest tweet after being exiled from the first team
(Image: EQUIPE DE FRANCE)
Read More
Related Articles
Read More
Related Articles

Accompanying the snaps, he said: “2 games, 6 points! Proud of my team @equipedefrance.”

“Now let’s get back to work @Arsenal.”

The post was shared on his social media channel on Tuesday afternoon – and the Gunners faithful were delighted with the Frenchman’s comments.

“Ahh – Guendouzi is back,” one supporter said as another commented: “Our starboy is coming back.”

While a third sent a message to the 21-year-old, with: “Let’s do it Matteo – big season ahead.”

And a fourth added: “We believe in you – come home strong.”

With a fifth simply writing: “Welcome back bro.”

Guendouzi’s downward spiral appeared to start in the Gunners’ 2-1 loss to Brighton, starting a brawl with Neal Maupay.

It saw him get blanked by Arteta, training alone despite escaping punishment from the FA for the Amex brawl.

While the Gunners have also tried to use the 21-year-old to secure Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar.

The Frenchman had been an outcast since his brawl against Brighton, also leading to speculation of a transfer
(Image: 2020 Getty Images)

Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps…