in

Jurgen Klopp reacts to potential Liverpool blow that could boost Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham

Liverpool have received no contact from the Egypt national team over Mohamed Salah’s involvement at this summer’s Olympic Games, Jurgen Klopp has said.

National team manager Shawky Gharib claimed earlier this week that the Reds star would be included in his squad for the tournament which takes place in Tokyo, Japan from July 22, 2020 to August 8, 2020.

“Out of the three senior players we’ll call up, Salah is the only one we’re settled on so far because he’s simply one of the top three players in the world,” he said.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Click to play
Tap to play

The video will start in8Cancel

Play now

“I haven’t talked to Salah at all about him joining the U-23 squad for the Olympics, but in all honesty, his participation in the Olympics will need a little effort from him as well.”

But speaking ahead of his side’s Premier League clash against Norwich City this weekend, Klopp said no decision has been made regarding what happens to Salah in the summer.

“No decision. It’s clear, do I want to lose a player in pre-season? Of course not,” Klopp said, as per the Liverpool Echo. It’s an Olympic games. I’m a sports person, we have to see how we can deal with it.

“But I have to consider different things.

“I need to speak with Mo. I need more information.

“Nobody contacted us so far.”

Read More
Related Articles
Read More
Related Articles

As mentioned above, each nation is allowed three players over the age of 23 and those called up risk missing the start of the 2020/2021 Premier League season.

The possibility of Liverpool being without their talisman would be a massive blow even if he misses a couple of games.

However, it could be a boost for Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and those with eyes on mounting a Premier League title challenge next season.